Saturday, April 19, 2014

US VegWeek 2014 - recipes, resources and inspiration



As part of my effort to live a sustainable lifestyle, I eat a vegetarian, mostly vegan diet so I was excited to see that next week is US VegWeek and there is a 7-day VegPledge! challenge to go along with the event.  The website has lots of information as well as local event listings, restaurant deals and product coupons and recipes to help you celebrate the week.   If the 7-day event is too overwhelming, I challenge you to replace just one meal with a vegetarian one.  Switch your lunchtime sandwich to an abundantly colorful salad with beans and a tasty dressing or have a mile high piled veggie burger for dinner.  You might be surprised at how deliciously satisfying you find it.  Here are a few of my favorite recipes to get you started:



Breakfast
Green Smoothie 
Overnight oat and chia seed pudding 

Lunch
Confetti salad 
Save the tuna salad 

Dinner
Penne a La Vodka 

Dessert


If you want to read more about a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, I recommend:


Finally, I recently enjoyed this video of a conference keynote address by Kemi Nekvapil, former baker and actress turned raw food chef, yoga instructor and well being advocate.  Her talk is refreshingly funny and inspires me to think that it is possible to achieve those goals I've set for eating healthy and chasing my dreams.




Thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends using the links below.  And if you want more recipes, resources and creative inspiration that I only share in the Resourceful Cookie newsletter, sign up here.


Spring bloom


No comments:

Post a Comment