Sunday, January 6, 2013

Making Bath Fizzies


Homemade Bath Fizzies

I love taking long soaks in our vintage cast iron bathtub.  I enjoy having bubbles or scented bath salts in the water but have found that many products have ingredients I don't recognize.  I found that it's surprisingly easy and inexpensive to make my own bath fizzies with just a few easily found natural ingredients:  Epsom salts, baking soda, citric acid (available at health food stores) and witch hazel. Any scent can be made by stirring some essential oils into the dry ingredients before adding the witch hazel.  I also stirred in about 2 tablespoons of almond oil as a skin softener and mixed in some lavender buds and rose petals from my garden plus a little pink sea salt to add pretty natural color.  I used this recipe and shaped my fizzies by packing the mixture into a muffin tin.  After a few hours of drying time, they are ready to use.  These make a nice handcrafted gift tucked into little cellophane gift bags tied with a pretty ribbon or make them small (in a mini-muffin pan) and give them in a recycled glass jar.  You just drop one into a tub of warm water and the baking soda will create bubbles as the fizzie dissolves softening the water and scenting the air.  These are sure to be a bubbly relaxing treat in your tub.

Wishing you a creative day.  Thanks for reading!



 Snowstorm in Indiana over holidays








No comments:

Post a Comment