Friday, February 8, 2013

Sources of creative inspiration this week

Lavender harvest 

I get inspiration from all kinds of places. So when I have a spare moment I troll through lots of blogs looking for eye candy, things to inspire me to create and words of wisdom.  I thought I'd share with you some of what's inspiring me this week.

Zen Habits - Leo Babauta shares information to help you lead a more zen lifestyle in his blog.  In this article, The Power of Habit Investments, Leo shares some simple tips for creating lasting habits.   With this information, you'll find it easier to complete that project, learn something new or make progress on anything that you want to accomplish.


linenspray1
photo courtesy of Design Sponge

Design Sponge is one of my favorite places for creative inspiration.  You can find a little of everything, from interviews and DIY, to design eye candy galore. I'm definitely going to make some of this Lavender Linen Spray from the DIY section of their website.


Meyer lemon red grapefruit marmalade
Photo courtesy of Local Kitchen

Citrus is in season (yum, Meyer lemons), and Food In Jars posted plenty of links to get you cooking with lemons and other citrus in the post Eight Ways To Preserve Meyer Lemons.  There are also other helpful kitchen hints and recipes to get you creating in the kitchen.



Lemon_bars_3
Photo courtesy of Green Kitchen Stories

Green Kitchen Stories - beautifully photographed vegetarian recipes that featured Coconut and Lemon Bars in a post this week.  I did mention that citrus was in season, didn't I?


My Bohemian Style 
Mmmmm…..turquoise!
ayyplusvee:

Turquoise bracelets by Greg Thorne.
photo courtesy Greg Thorne Turquoise via ThatBohemianGirl

And finally, for all things delightfully bohemian, check out ThatBohemianGirl.

Feel free to share links for websites or blogs where you find inspiration in the comments section below.

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment