Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring photo exhibition


Exhibition at the Annmarie Art Center

I am honored to have three of my photographs chosen for the spring exposition of the Insta-Artist exhibition at the Annmarie Sculpture Garden and Arts Center in southern Maryland.  The exhibit was juried by the Director of Digital Learning Programs of the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.  All of the submissions were required to be taken using a smart phone.  It is amazing how much photography has changed over the years from when my father used a large box camera with flash bulbs. This exhibition celebrates how those changes make creating art through photography accessible to so many.

Hubby, son and I attended the opening night and got to meet the other artists, nibble on homemade treats and listen to lovely live music while checking out all the exhibits.  The show runs through June 1, 2014 if you are in the DC metro area and want to stop by to see it,  see the other art on display and walk the gardens which will soon be in full bloom.  You can also view all the entries online here.

 A view of the exhibit from the balcony

Enjoying the other artwork on display

Thanks for reading!

You can find me on:

2 comments:

  1. I love the rich colors in your photography...that's why I never was a fan of watercolor art; I love bold and rich colors!

    Awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, vibrant colors just call to me too. Thanks so much for the nice comments and for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete