Sunday, November 18, 2012

Save the Tuna Salad and fall colors

Save the Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomato

We just had a few warm days of Indian Summer and that had me craving something light and fresh before we head into the warm soups and stews of the cold weather.  So I took advantage of some of the last of my summer tomato harvest.  I only made a couple of changes to this recipe for Save The Tuna Salad on Rye from Kris Carr's website. (While you are there, check out some of the other recipes and information on eating healthy.)  I omitted the agave nectar and substituted a heaping tablespoon of sweet relish, added some chopped pickled banana peppers and radishes and a large dollop of vegan mayonnaise.  I placed a large scoop of the salad in cored tomato and served on a bed of baby spinach with some pita wedges for scooping up the salad. This recipe made enough to fill 2 large tomatoes and   3 large tortillas along with spinach, tomato and avocado wedges for sandwich wraps for lunches.

Just a few days later, the weather has turned cooler, but there are a few trees still providing some fall color when I'm out on walks with the dog in the neighborhood.







I can't believe that Thanksgiving is already upon us...this year has just flown by.  I had to share this image of a Thanksgiving tablescape that is bursting with color and creativity.  It may be a little wild, but it just made me smile.

Thanks for reading!


Tablescape courtesy of Maxwell Tielman of Design*Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment