Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thrift Store Adventure

 Corduroy skirt, Ralph Lauren knit sweater and wool jacket

I am an avid thrift store explorer and on a recent excursion, I came away with lots of great finds.  The DC thrift store scene is plentiful and full of treasures to be discovered.  I took advantage of a holiday discount of 50% off offered at the Unique Thrift Store chain.  At the Wheaton, MD location, I was able to come away with some fantastic finds for a niece, two nephews and myself.  None of the items was more than $7 each and there were some great designer labels in the mix.  My total came to about $65 and here are some of the outfits I put together from the haul.


Ann Taylor cotton sweater and bootleg jeans

 Cotton sweatshirt and long sleeved polo


 Cowl neck wool tunic and Eileen Fisher knit skirt

Tommy Hilfiger cotton sweater and button down

We're all going to be cozy (and stylish) this winter with these great finds.  Check out the thrift and consignment stores in your local area for great bargains. For a few more DC area thrift stores, check out my resources page.

I hope your day has a little dose of creativity.  Thanks for reading! 

Landscape in Indiana viewed through the windshield on a road trip

No comments:

Post a Comment